Birthday wishes are in order for Blue Ivy Carter as today she turns 9-years-old!
Although she is not even in double digits, the eldest daughter of Beyonce and Jay-Z is already a superstar in her own right. She became the youngest BET Award winner for her collaboration with her famous mother on “Brown Skin Girl.”
The future is unquestionably bright for this talented young lady. To just get an idea of just how amazing Blue Ivy really is, here are 9 fun facts that you may or may not know about the rising star.
- On her official Spotify account, Blue Ivy has accumulated over a million monthly streams. Impressive to say the least.
- She is a student at The Center for Early Education, in West Hollywood, where the acceptance rate of students is 6 percent.
- She’s proven that she’s a great dancer just like mom as she has showcased her talent as a ballerina in several recitals.
4. She’s best friends with Kelly Rowland’s son, soon-to-be big brother, Titan Jewel Witherspoon.
5. She’s not afraid to speak her mind. In a past interview with David Letterman, Jay-Z recounted a time that Blue spoke her mind.
“We’re driving and I hear a little voice. ‘Dad?’ I turn around and she goes, ‘I didn’t like when you told me to get in the car the way you told me.’ She’s six! ‘It hurt my feelings.’ And I was like, ‘That is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever said to me!’”
6. She’s loves spending time with her grandmother, Tina Knowles.
7. She’s a true fashionista with her own stylist. The fashion-forward Carter even helped her mom promote her Adidas collection.
8. She is a Demi Lovato Fan.
9. If you tell a joke, it better be funny because Blue Ivy does not let corny jokes slide. Just ask her grandma!
Beyonce has admitted that Blue isn’t a big fan when it comes to her mom’s jokes. During her interview with The Oprah Magazine in December 2019, she said: “What do you call a deer with no eyes? No idea. Get it? NO-EYED-DEER.” But just seconds later, the songstress gushed: “I’m so sorry. Blue is going to kill me for telling that terrible joke.”
Happy Birthday, Blue Ivy! We cannot wait to continue on this journey towards adulthood with you!