Being a parent is, without a doubt a challenge all in itself. However, being a stepparent is possibly even harder, if that is humanly possible. You have all of the responsibilities of a parent but there are many boundaries that you cannot or should not cross.
At times, parenting itself can be a “thankless” job but being a stepparent rarely ever gets a nod. However, here are some positive quotes from Romper.com that sum up being a stepparent and show that even though these “steps” don’t share the same DNA, they are definitely a part of the family.
1. “Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like everyone else to love them.” — Leigh Anne Tuohy
2. “Stepparents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather to augment a child’s life experience.” — Azriel Johnson
3. “The only steps in this house are the stair steps and the only half in this house is the half & half creamer.”- Al Hodson
4. “Dear Bio Parent: I will not love my stepchild under your conditions. I will love then unconditionally.” — The Sassy Step Mama
5. “A good stepparent can literally turn the life of a child around.” — Unknown
6. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a stepdad.”- Unknown
Are you a stepparent? Share your own quotes with us! We want to hear from you.
Leave a Reply