As we all know, kids tend to ask a lot of questions. Studies show that younger children, in actuality, ask over 300 questions a day! Even though parents may want to curtail the Q&A sessions, researchers suggest that parents should actually encourage children to ask more!
Other than being a great way to have open conversation with your child and spend time with them, genuinely showing interest in what they think and have to say. Parenting expert Michele Borda, Ed.D, believes that when you encourage your children to ask more questions than not, you are helping to keep their minds open and, "you're modeling what a good question looks and sounds like."
Here are 30 great questions to help you get the conversation started and move beyond the norm. After all, children mimic their parents conversational behavior and this will help them later on in life.
Remember, don't rush them to answer or move from one question to another to quickly. This is supposed to be fun for you all. This is a great way to get back to the basics before the Xbox and iPad took over all of our lives. Enjoy and soon you will find that his becomes more of your daily routine than not.
1. What makes you happy?
2. What have your friends been up to?
3. If you could do anything right now, what would you do?
4. What character makes you laugh the most?
5. If you opened a store, what would you sell?
6. What's your Superhero name and what powers do you have?
7. What makes you feel brave?
8. What makes you feel loved?
9. If you could give $100 to a charity, which would you choose?
10. Did you smile or laugh extra today?
11. If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
12. If you drew everything that came to your head, what would you be drawing right now?
13. If you designed clothes, what would they look like?
14. How do you best like helping others?
15. Pretend you're a chef, and tell me about your restaurant. What foods do you serve?
16. What makes you feel thankful?
17. Where would you like to travel? How would you get there?
18. What makes you feel energized?
19. You're a photographer for a day, what would you take pictures of?
20. What's a memory that makes you happy?
21. What bugs you?
22. Describe a great day. What are you doing that makes it special?
23. What makes your friends so awesome?
24. What makes you so awesome?
25. Do you have any inventions in your brain?
26. Do you think it'd be fun to learn another language?
27. What are three things you want to do this summer?
28. If you could make up a new holiday, what would it be?
29. What makes someone smart?
30. If you had friends all over the world, how would you keep in touch and where would they be?