Dylan Gilmer is a super talented young man, not to mention cool as well. Starting out as a rapper, he garnered the attention of heavy weight A-listers such as Ellen DeGeneres and Tyler Perry which led to his own show on Nickelodeon, Tyler Perry’s Young Dylan. As he began to grow, so did his career and now he is doing amazing things in Tinseltown that are only the tip of the iceberg for him. In an exclusive interview with BCKOnline, Dylan Gilmer, aka Young Dylan, dishes about all that he has going on and what we can expect for him in the future.
Check out what he had to say below!
1. Congratulations on the renewal of your show, Tyler Perry’s Young Dylan. What can fans expect from Season 3?
The fans can expect more fun, laughter and new sets.
2. You got your start as a rapper, now you have also added actor to your resume. Tell us about the journey.
The journey has been great. Starting on Ellen then getting my own show on Tyler Perry has been a blessing.
3. You have new music out…”I’m That” where you collab with That Girl Lay Lay. Tell us about the project. What was the best part of this collaboration?
“I’m That” came together after I was working with Jermaine Dupri. Nickelodeon wanted a song with me and Lay Lay. We are great friends already, so it was easy!
4. In addition to all that you are currently doing, you are also hosting The Kids Tonight Show. Tell us about that. Would you like to host your own talk show one day?
The Kids Tonight Show is executive produced by Jimmy Fallon and is a fun kids show streaming Peacock. I would love to host my own talk show one day – you never know!
5. In addition to all that you have going on, what can we expect next from you?
You can expect my debut album, touring and hopefully a big movie role. Those are my goals!