Tia Mowry and her son, Cree Hardrict, are back for more arts and crafts. The celebrity mom and her little one are showing fans how to make haunted houses this Halloween season.
“One of our favorite holidays is Halloween,” Tia shares with fans. While others are focused on pumpkin carving during this season Tia and Cree are creative in other ways.
“One thing that we like to do is decorate our house,” the celebrity mom says. “We are actually going to make buildings! And they’re going to be scary, spooky buildings for Halloween. We’re going to build them out of milk cartons.”
“We’re going to make some houses with this milk,” Cree adds before delving into the project.
The tools needed for Tia and Cree’s haunted houses craft are as follows:
- Recycled milk cartons, washed and dried, in assorted sizes
- Masking tape
- Paint brushes
- Chalkboard paint
- Craft knife
- Yellow cellophane or wax paper
Follow these instructions to create spooky houses like Tia and Cree:
- Cut the bottom of the milk carton with a craft knife. Adults should handle the craft knife while kids hold the carton steady.
- Paint the carton with Gesso and let it dry. Gesso acts as a primer.
- Paint the building black using chalkboard paint.
- Use chalk to draw windows and doors on the milk carton.
- Adults, use the craft knife to cut out the windows.
- Add decorations with chalk as desired.
- Line open windows and doors with yellow cellophane or wax paper and attach with ScotchTape.
- You can add lights underneath the houses for even more effects at night.
Cree is Tia Mowry and husband Cory Hardrict’s only child. He celebrated his fifth birthday in June. Check out Tia and Cree’s haunted house arts & crafts segment below and tell us what you think!
Photo: Us Weekly