Astro continues to impress with his old-school sound on his new EP Computer Era. The 18-year-old has been praised by many, described as rapping with “the cockiness of a Jay Z while giving the laidback, friendly vibe of a Will Smith.” Meanwhile, he is building up a head-turning acting career with major roles in Earth to Echo and TV drama Red Band Society.
The young star recently sat down with BuzzFeed to answer random interview questions, from which there is much to be learned about who he is.
Here’a a few fun facts:
- His favorite color is green, but it has nothing to do with the symbolism of money.
- He likes to keep his pizza pretty straightforward, but considers buffalo chicken to be a nice spicy addition
- He thinks broccoli is “the bomb”
- The last book is read cover to cover is The Book of Secrets, by Deepak Chopra
- He’s a bit of a germaphobe, and hates when people talk over his food
- Although he’s not a big fan of reality TV, he does find Love & Hip Hop “hilarious.”
Check out his newest single, “Champion” and listen for the mid-tempo 90s vibe. One thing is certain, this kid is rooted in the heart of hip hop.