If you have yet to see Respect, what are you waiting for? The latest MGM box office hit, starring Jennifer Hudson has taken the world by storm as the film follows the journey of the legendary Aretha Franklin. Portraying the younger Franklin is 12-year-old Skye Dakota Turner. In a recent interview with JustJaredjr, the talented young actress dished on a few of her favorite things. Check those out below and get to know Respect star Skye Dakota Turner below.
Here are ten of Turner’s favorite things.
1. I like K-Pop, top groups are Enhypen and Twice.
2. My favorite anime is Haikyuu.
3. I like to wear and collect hoodies of different artists.
4. My favorite animal is a penguin because of their waddle. I’d like to visit their natural habitat one day.
5. I dress up in the middle of summer.
6. I write music and recently been learning to play the piano.
7. I know the books of the Bible.
8. I like taking pictures of nature.
9. I don’t like socks or stocking type materials on my skin.
10. My favorite holiday is Christmas because I can finally sing carols without my family saying that it’s May.
Prior to making her big screen debut, this truly talented songstress portrayed another singing legend on the Broadway stage. Turner also played a young Tina Turner in the Broadway production Tina: The Tina Turner Musical. Turner starred in the show before it was shut down in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, all is not lost, and the show will go on again as Turner returns to the stage in October of this year to reprise her role as the young “What’s Love Got To Do With It” singer.
On her official website, Turner states that, “I Eat, Sleep, and Sing!! Music is the heartbeat of the soul. I have found my passion! I love to sing and provide quality music for others during their time of joy and sorrow.”
We cannot wait to see more of this budding songstress. She truly is the voice of a new generation.